0800 294 4522

Mon-Fri: 08.00 – 18.00
We provide competitive landlord insurance quotes to the private rented sector for properties let to professionals, students, DSS tenants and even unoccupied properties.
What property types do you cover?
We cover rental accommodation of all sizes, including houses, bungalows, flats, HMOs, shared accommodation and bedsits.
Do you cover landlords with student tenants?
Yes. Cover is available for various types of let including professional individuals, families, students, DSS tenants and asylum seekers. 
Can a landlord insurance policy cover more than one property?

Yes, this kind of insurance is known as portfolio insurance (multi-property insurance). It enables landlords to insure multiple properties under a single schedule and easily managed single payment method.

You can add or remove any new or existing properties on a pro-rata basis as and when you require. In addition, as all properties are held under one annual renewal date, renewing your block couldn’t be easier and insuring your properties in this way could also result in significant premium savings.

Can you cover landlords’ contents insurance only?
Yes. Customers have the choice to cover either the buildings or contents or both combined under our landlords insurance policy.
Is my bathroom covered within buildings insurance?
Yes. All fixed items such as baths & sinks are generally covered under the buildings insurance and would be covered as standard within our landlord insurance policy.
Are my kitchen units covered under the buildings insurance?
Fitted kitchen units would be covered under our buildings insurance, however, movable items – such as fridges, microwaves etc – would be covered within our contents insurance.
Can I cover the rent if the tenant stops paying?

Yes, with our Legal Expenses and Rent Guarantee Insurance – you are covered for rental arrears owed by the tenant under the tenancy agreement.

Cover provided is up to £3,000 per month to a maximum of £18,000 or for six months, whichever is the lesser amount. You will also receive cover for advisors costs up to £25,000.

Can you also insure shops and offices?

Yes, please visit the Commercial Property Insurance section of our website for full details.

Who are your underwriters?
Our products are underwritten by leading UK insurers, including Legal & General, Ageas, Lloyds, Brit Insurance, NIG and AXA.
Am I still covered if my property is unoccupied?
Yes, depending on which policy you choose we cover a period of 30 days of unoccupancy between tenancies, you should notify the insurer for periods longer than this. Please check the key facts and policy wordings before purchase or speak to our customer services on 0800 294 4522 if you are in any doubt.
What is a rebuild value?
This is the amount it would cost to completely rebuild your home if it was destroyed beyond repair. It includes the price of labour and materials. The rebuild value is not the same as the market value of your property.
How can I work out the rebuild value of my property?

The following website can help you calculate the rebuild value: http://www.bcis.co.uk

Alternatively, if you have an up to date survey of the property or recent mortgage on the property, you should be able to find the figure in those documents.

How do I cancel my policy?

We hope you are completely delighted with your policy; however if you decide you do wish to cancel it, please contact us immediately. You must do this in writing to either info@discountinsurance.co.uk or Discount Insurance, 27 Great West Road, Brentford, London, TW8 9BW.

You have 14 days from the start of your policy, or from the day you receive your documents, to decide if this product meets your needs. If you choose to cancel this policy within this period, and no claim has been made, we will refund the policy, charging you only for time on cover (minimum of £28). Cancellations made after 14 days of the start date will be subject to a cancellation fee of up to £35. We will also retain a pro-rata premium for time on cover. For instance, if you paid £200 for a policy and cancelled this half-way you will be entitled to a refund of £100 for the unexpired portion of the policy less the cancellation fee of £35 (total refund in this instance would be £65). Please note any administration fees charged for policy set up are non-refundable if cancelled after the 14 days cooling off period.

However, on certain policies, such as Legal Expenses & Rent Guarantee Insurance, there is no refund payable after the 14 days and no cancellation fee will be charged. Where this is applicable it would be highlighted on your policy wording.